THE MISSION of the Black Interior Designers Network (BIDN) is to celebrate diversity within the interior design industry by highlighting designers of color and supporting black designers with business development opportunities.
WE STRIVE TO:
- Build a community resource of African-American Interior Designers capable of handling design projects of various sizes and scope.
- Showcase African American home and lifestyle through partnerships with various media outlets, books, magazines, blogs and network television appearances.
- Partner with brands willing to work with designers from our network to ensure competitive pricing and business expansion opportunities.
- Celebrate the unique contribution designers of color bring to the interior design industry.
- Provide business development training to designers through our national and regional events.
- Use the combined wisdom of the designers on the African American Top 20 List to educate and encourage the next generation of interior design professionals.
We are committed to helping you grow your business. One way we do this is by giving you access to the resources we feel will help you deliver superior service to your clients. We do this by hosting a must-attend national conference every year. Now in it's 6th year, the conference is the go-to resource for minority designers at every stage of their career. We bring in keynote and other speakers who understand the unique challenges faced by creatives and specifically designers of color. The theme of the 2017 conference is education and empowerment. Our goal is equip attendees with winning strategies for a solid business foundation.
The 2017 Conference will be held in Atlanta, GA July 27th - 29th. We are limiting the attendance to this conference in order to effectively facilitate small group workshops and individual market assessments. Early Registration is now open. This conference is for those serious about creating a strategic plan for their business. Members of the African American Top 20 and other industry insiders will be on had to coach and guide you through the weekend.
INTERIOR DESIGN AND FURNITURE MARKET COVERAGE
The Black Interior Designers Network's ever expanding community means there will always be a friendly face in the crowd. A representative from our organization attends all major design markets each year. They are there to help you navigate the landscape and to carve out opportunities for your region and type of design business.
WHEN AT HIGHPOINT FOLLOW USING THE HASHTAG #BIDNHPMKT
REGIONAL CHAPTER EVENTS
We understand the importance of having someone in your area who you can lean on. Our regional chapters are designed to support and encourage your growth within your regional markets. From show house collaborations to resource sharing, we know that life is better when you have someone to share it with. Join a local chapter and meet your new Design BFF.
FOLLOW 2017 EVENTS USING THE HASHTAG #BIDN2017
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Education is the name of the game and the BIDN is committed to bringing our designers the information, tools, and training they need to take their businesses to new levels. We have partnered with small business coaches and industry experts to provide insights on sales, marketing, banking, branding, social media, and all the things that go into creating a stellar design firm.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE REGISTER HERE